Kirk Potter, D.O.
Education:Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
Residency:General Surgery, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 2006
Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
Deborah Heart and Lung Center, Browns Mills, New Jersey
Cooper Hospital level 1 Trauma Center, Camden, New Jersey
Fellowship:Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 2006
Valhalla Trauma and Burn Center, Valhalla, New York
Philadelphia Hand Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Biography:Dr. Potter grew up in Colby, and graduated from high school in Lewis in 1991. After earning a dual degree in Chemistry and Biology from Washburn University, he attended Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences and graduated in 2001.
Following graduation, Dr. Potter and his family moved east, where Dr. Potter completed a five year general surgery residency, serving as chief resident. Following that, he again served as chief resident during a two year extensive training fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Some of the procedures Dr. Potter performs include:
* Facial surgery: reconstructive nasal surgery/fracture repair; resection and reconstruction of skin cancers; eyelid surgery; and deviated nasal septum)
* Cosmetic surgery: surgical and non-surgery
* Breast surgery: breast biopsy; breast reconstruction; breast reduction; breast augmentation
* Abdominal surgery: hernia repair; tummy tuck
* Hand surgery: carpal tunnel release; trigger finger; laceration repair
* Miscellaneous surgeries: Lipomas; Port-a-Cath placement; Acne; skin care; Medical Botox for migraines, hyperhidrosis of the axilla; skin cancer screening and treatments
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Potter, please call GCMC Patient Registration at 785-754-5154.