Gove County Medical Center Independent Living Apartments
Independent Living is ideal for individuals who can still live independently without problems but might still desire convenient access to help here and there. Independent Living at Gove County Medical Center provides residents with convenient access to dining, housekeeping, and social activities. Independent Living is designed to let tenants live independent lives while also providing them with support.
Independent Living Services and Facilities
A. INCLUDED SERVICES:
Gove County Medical Center will provide for tenants the following services, which are included in the monthly rental fee:
1. Unfurnished apartment.
2. One meal per day in the Independent Living dining room. (If tenant is expecting guests to be served from our kitchen, please give us 24 hours advance notice.)
3. Tray service of the daily meal in the tenant's apartment when tenant is ill.
4. Special dietary meals upon order of the tenant's physician.
5. Carpeting and window coverings.
6. Kitchen facilities in the apartment to include refrigerator, oven, range, and garbage disposal unit.
7. Automatic washers and dryers for personal laundry located in each apartment.
8. Individually controlled heat and air conditioning in each apartment.
9. Gas, electricity, water, and trash service furnished at no charge.
10. Cable TV.
11. Basic housekeeping services will be provided weekly.
12. Planned social, recreational, and spiritual activities for those who wish to participate.
13. Emergency call system in each apartment.
14. Emergency nursing services on a 24-hour-a-day basis.
15. Fire detection system including smoke detector in each apartment.
16. Year-round building and grounds maintenance and custodial services.
17. Repair and maintenance of apartment provided by Gove County Medical Center.
18. Off-street parking for tenants and guests.
19. Independent Living dining room may be reserved for special occasions (birthday parties, etc.).
20. Payment of real property taxes, if any.
21. Transportation to downtown businesses one day per week.
22. Preferential access to Gove County Medical Center Long Term Care Facility. When Long Term Care beds become available, the Independent Living tenant will be given preference over others on the Long Term Care waiting list.
B. OPTIONAL SERVICES:
The following services shall be available to the tenant at an additional charge:
1. Additional tenant with contractual agreement.
2. Additional tenant meals in the dining room.
3. Guest meals.
4. Beauty salon and barbershop.
5. Home Health care.
6. Care Call. (Portable emergency alert system)
7. Personal laundry services.
If you would like more information about the Gove County Medical Center Independent Living Apartments,
please contact Social Services at 785-754-5141.